Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sourdough

Today I am making sourdough bread. Last week I tried but it ended up the consistency of a hockey puck, due to the fact that the instructions handed down to me from an accomplished cook were very vague (I unknowingly left out a vital step). Today it is rising just fine. My sourdough starter is 100 years old and originates from sheepherders in Hells Canyon. As the story goes, the sheepherders lost everything from natural disaster but were able to revive their starter from a crusty old piece of bread in their pocket. Since then it has been lovingly cared for and now passed to me. I have a fridge pet to feed!
Mmm smelling good....




2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the canisters in the back! Wonder who gave those to you? ;) Hope you are enjoying life, it sure looks like it!

    ReplyDelete