Friday, December 18, 2009

The Proposal

A year ago today Nick proposed to me!  I know that may be keeping a lot of anniversaries but I figured the first year it warrants a mention.  It was a lot of fun thinking about and preparing for the wedding, and these first few months of marriage have been great!  Last year at this time there was snow on the ground, an exciting and rare sight for Bridgetown, and he proposed to me as we were on our way to a very nice dinner.  Although I was expecting the question, I was not thinking it would come at that exact moment.  I was completely swept up in the excitement of things and had the hardest time concentrating on the menu long enough to decide what to order.  That night I had the most delicious spaghetti of my life.  The next day my head was in a flurry.  I spent the morning calling friends and family and flipping through wedding magazines, the day culminated with Nick's work Christmas party.  I was introduced to and congratulated by everybody.  Tonight actually is the Christmas party again.  I am looking forwards to it; I assume it will be a little more casual this time but I am no less happy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment