Monday, November 2, 2009

Hearty Fall Cooking

Last week was a very Moosewood week in the Johnson kitchen.  I tried several recipes from the New Moosewood Cookbook.  Being a rather blustery fall set of days, I hit up the casserole section.  My favorite was Cauliflower-Cheese Pie with grated potato crust.  How can you go wrong with a cauliflower and cheese combination?  This was very satisfying, and would also make a delicious special-occasion brunch item.  But the real winner was the dinner I made on Halloween.  This did not actually come from the Moosewood cookbook, but from the classic Joy of Cooking.  New England Clam Chowder, served with my own Sourdough bread, and Pecan Pie for dessert.  Warning, if anyone comes to dinner soon they may be served this!  We could not manage to snack any more when we headed over to my friend's for a party in which the dressed-up version of Amy Sedaris was practicing "hospitality under the influence."  Very well I might add, that fondue was really tempting me!


 


1 comment: